Only a couple of months are left until the holidays are upon us. Since some renovations can take weeks to months, you will want to get on the ball quickly. With some upgrades being a bit more disruptive, you’ll want to get them out of the way sooner rather than later so you can sit back and enjoy the holidays.
We’ve put together a few ideas of what updates will make the biggest impression on your guests and will help make your life easier when guests are over during this time.
- Kitchen – Your kitchen remodel is essential if you cook all over the holidays. Before cooking that turkey, consider options to upgrade your appliances to ensure everything is working in tip-top shape. While you’re at it, giving your cabinets a touchup will add new life to the space.
- Bar – A dedicated bar space will make serving drinks to your guests much easier during holiday get-togethers. If you don’t have the space in your house for an actual bar, try a bar cart.
- Paint – Nothing like a fresh coat of paint will bring a house to life again. Start with your high-traffic areas where people will be gathered. If you need any inspiration, Good Housekeeping has some inspiration with the “15 Top Paint Color Trends to Keep on Your Radar for 2022.”
- Light fixtures – If you’ve had the same light fixtures since you moved into the house, it’s time to upgrade them. Modern, updated light fixtures are a quick and easy way to update your home. They’ll give a new feel to rooms that feel outdated.
- Guest Bathrooms – If you have family members or friends stay at your house during the holidays, you’ll want to get the guest bath renovated before their visit. Simple upgrades like a new shower curtain or a fresh coat of paint can go far, but if you want to impress, try upgrading your vanities to be more guest-friendly.
- Primary bedroom – With all the festivities and guests, updating your primary bedroom to be a sanctuary you can escape to is a must. Give yourself a wonderful place to retreat and relax with all the craziness of the holidays.
If you’re already feeling the pinch with the holiday season and want to upgrade your home, look at options for refinancing your home. Give one of our experts a call today at (610) 660-4711; they can help walk you through your options and see if you qualify.